Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Update. 4 years 5 months ago #54280

• Jltplant61
  • Jltplant61's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 3
The reason i asked that is because of a article from Bonsai Mary, about someone called Jack Wikle grows bonsai plants with a 40 watt 2 tube 4ft long led light for 16hrs a day. It also talks about a humidifier. So i don't know who to believe. I guess i will just have to either try the lights and take a chance on losing plants or just give in and wait till spring.amd do a outside bonsai landscape.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Update. 4 years 5 months ago #54281

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

The reason i asked that is because of a article from Bonsai Mary, about someone called Jack Wikle grows bonsai plants with a 40 watt 2 tube 4ft long led light for 16hrs a day. It also talks about a humidifier. So i don't know who to believe. I guess i will just have to either try the lights and take a chance on losing plants or just give in and wait till spring.amd do a outside bonsai landscape.

What LB writes is in line what we see on this forum. Very often we see people asking about grow lights etcetera. If that would be succesful, we'd see them back. We never do.

Growing bonsai requires lots of work, repotting, pruning, fertilizing, watering, wiring and shaping it. Adding having to create the right environment indoors, including correct temperature, humidity and light levels/periods, and even simulating the change of seasons, trying to keep the trees in the best possible condition, is just making things much harder for yourself.

Last edit: Post by Auk.

Update. 4 years 5 months ago #54282

• Jltplant61
  • Jltplant61's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 3
It does sound like a lot of work. Have good one.

• Page: