Bonsai forum

TOPIC:

What to do with potentially dead Ficus Ginseng branches 5 years 9 months ago #42558

• Clicio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1549

1.) 18 years

Could you please show us your oldest bonsai? We love old trees.

2.) look up the definition of what bonsai means.

Nah, I don't need it, thanks.
I already know what is, and what is not a bonsai.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Clicio.

What to do with potentially dead Ficus Ginseng branches 5 years 9 months ago #42566

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654

In MY opinion you can turn most any tree or shrub in to a bonsai. I have many scheflerra’s, ginseng ficus, golden gate ficus, azalea, gardenia, etc. bonsai. I guess I just think of it in a different way. But that’s okay of course. Just as your own interpretation of bonsai is. But I tend to see potential in any type of plant/tree/shrub.

Unfortunately, bonsai is not really about opinion, now is it? I would dare say that not every shrub dumped into a pot is a bonsai. Let alone a good bonsai. I would say there are some additional things. Growing bonsai is about creating a tree in miniature, that represents trees in life size, but much smaller. And doing so in a way that it appears to have grown that way naturally, so not showing the human hand involved.

I think you will find that people are more responsive & positive towards helping, if you are more open to receiving input given.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Auk, crent89

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.