Acacia stopped shooting

• joncoh101
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 3

Replied by joncoh101 on topic Re: Acacia stopped shooting

Posted 12 years 5 months ago #2806
Haha leslie you cant really call it a bonsai tho, its not a bonsai yet, at the moment its just a little tree in a pot, this is a photo i took a while back when i had just gotten it
Last Edit:12 years 5 months ago by joncoh101

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by joncoh101.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• aklister71
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 2

Replied by aklister71 on topic Friends

Posted 12 years 5 months ago #2809
I can't wait 'til I get settled in Missouri. B)

I am looking forward to making new friends in the area. :lol:

I will seek out Bonsai lovers and inspire people to join in the joy and satisfaction of shaping a unique, gorgeous little tree. :P
by aklister71

• Leslie
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 7

Replied by Leslie on topic Re: Acacia stopped shooting

Posted 12 years 5 months ago #2810
Sssshhhhhh.....listen...:blink: ...'...'..''.....'''...'..'...''.... Can you here it? :huh: That tiny little voice...it's her...your little tree. She's quietly, ever so quietly....calling out to me..."Leslie...please...care for me...I..I n-need you...:( *sniff*"

Now if that there don't pull at yer ol' heart strings well, I dunno whut duz.:lol:

Angie ~ between your description of your parents farm and your enthusiasm for bonsai, you make me want to move in! Think your parents will notice? :woohoo: Hey, maybe I'll put an add in to Kijiji and see if I can find some bonsai enthusiasts in my town. :P
Last Edit:12 years 5 months ago by Leslie
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Leslie. Reason: I messed up

• joncoh101
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 3

Replied by joncoh101 on topic Re: Acacia stopped shooting

Posted 12 years 5 months ago #2814
Hahaha Leslie dont get me wrong i care for the tree just as much as my others i just have not gotten round to finding out what species it is yet. I write my final exam today haha yeaaaah then its off to do Bonsai at my cousins house. Im either going to do 1 or 2 root over rocks with my ficus that i have, and possibly go and by a chinese elm from the local nursery and do root over rock with that too!
by joncoh101

• Leslie
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 7

Replied by Leslie on topic Re: Acacia stopped shooting

Posted 12 years 5 months ago #2815
Ohhhhh Jon! I wasn't suggesting that you don't care for the tree, silly! :silly: I was hinting at how much I would luv to *have* that tree! :lol: But I'm just teasin', y'know. It is a little gem in the rough. I can't wait to find out what it is.

Wow! It seems you've been writing exams forever! Probably feels that way too, huh?:S lol All the best to you, Jon. Your bonsai plans sound like a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to seeing photos of your work...maybe even a step-by step photo shoot of one of your root over rock plantings?(hint-hint) ;)
by Leslie

• JASON
  • Thanks received: 0

Replied by JASON on topic Re: Acacia stopped shooting

Posted 12 years 5 months ago #2845
hi jon that looks like galpinii [monkey thorn] If you are in S.A.they should be growing furiously by now.Your soil looks too sandy,i would repot in a mix of potting suil + river sand [fine stone].Just a word of advice:when you cut the branches,cut as far away from the growing point as you can,to allow for dieback..... :)
by JASON