Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

How to take this pyracantha to the next level ? 9 years 1 week ago #15322

• xref
  • xref's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 1

That's fine, I can rotate them in my graphics program. I 'm not having much success creating a virtual, sorry...
I'll try and explain:

- You have two branches, first two from the bottom, on the left side, that come from the same point. I'd try and remove one of them.
- I'd shorten the branches on the left side and let the branches on the right side grow and get longer
- You can try and remove some of the higher branches to create a bit more open space.
- You could try and lower the first branch on the right. I would not wire it, but use a guy wire and protect the bark
- You definately should choose another pot
- When next time repot the tree, you might want to try how it looks when you tilt it a bit more to the right
- The root base looks quite nice already. You could try if you can pot it a bit higher, to show more of the roots.

This is still based on what I see from the first photo; on the other photos the branches look different, so do not take what I write for granted.

thanks a lot for the advices, surely many branches has to be completely removed, barely sun and air can go throw this thick leaves, its just too bushy.

the branches also too fragile and I did read some where its just too hard to reposition branches once they harden up with firethorn, but ill try to use guy wire as you advised and ill try to bend it the branch down a bit each few days or a week then leave it be for 8 months hoping its stay in its new position.

but I got a question which might change lot of these things, what the best front I should stick with?

surely need a new pot, was thinking to get one of these

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

I really appreciate your advices.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: