Bonsai forum

Jade - By Beginner

• Titus2woman
  • Thanks received: 1

Replied by Titus2woman on topic Re: Jade - By Beginner

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #4213
I am loving this thread!!!! I am hoping a jade will be my first bonzai, and there is a lot of information here. *THANK Y'ALL!*
by Titus2woman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Pinkham
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 62

Replied by Pinkham on topic Re: Jade - By Beginner

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #4215
DO it. They are great.People say there are easy to grow... I sadly cannot grow them :(. I don't know why. Every other tree and plant I care for are happy and healthy. I think jade trees are really nice.
by Pinkham

• cleaner626
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 8

Replied by cleaner626 on topic Re: Jade - By Beginner

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #4219
my openion.. that tree alredy have its baseform all you have to do is maintinance and a little wiring..i recomend to wired thoes brunch horizontally..since you live in tropic why dont you make a proctice with ficus, this tree is abondant to your region, try to look the gallery to have an inspiration and idea ...goodluck
by cleaner626
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dene

• Dene
  • Thanks received: 0

Replied by Dene on topic Jade - By Beginner

Posted 5 years 8 months ago #43935
I know this is an old thread but I had to congratulate everyone here on their friendly, welcoming and helpful attitude. I hope some of the people on here might still see this comment.

I’m just new to Bonsai and came to it first through developing an interest in succulents, and then having a clump of overgrown Crassula Ovata - (Money Trees/Jade Trees) in the garden bed of my rental that I’ve started playing with (potting, pruning and a bit of shaping but no wire yet). Portulacaria Afra shows up a lot when you’re researching the Ovata so I got interested in them too and I’m trying to propagate some cuttings at the moment.

I’ve done lots of research and reading of articles and forums and although there is plenty of good information about both of them and enough to make me want to keep going, but some people on some forums have been almost mean when it comes to someone asking the same question as this one.

I read this and joined up here immediately as this the type of community I want to be part of. I look forward to learning and sharing and hopefully developing my Bonsai skills further.
by Dene

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654

Replied by leatherback on topic Jade - By Beginner

Posted 5 years 8 months ago #43941
Welcome to the forum.

Just as a note for next time, please just start another thread. This way people keep their own trees in own topics that they can update if they return.
by leatherback

• Dene
  • Thanks received: 0

Replied by Dene on topic Jade - By Beginner

Posted 5 years 8 months ago #43955
No problem. Keep that in mind for next time.
Thanks for that.
by Dene