Bonsai forum

TOPIC:

Re: Large Taxus Baccata 11 years 11 months ago #4538

• cleaner626
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 8
what a savage...the tree looks awful . May be it would take 2 year for the fully recovery...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Large Taxus Baccata 11 years 11 months ago #4539

• leatherback
  • leatherback's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3653

what a savage...the tree looks awful . May be it would take 2 year for the fully recovery...

Hm.. Underestimate I think. In asfar as you can speak of recovery., This tree is supposed to become Bonsay, not hardge-ornament. The whole project will be about 5 years untill I have something I would consider for a display I think.

Anywas, a reduction was needed from the 2m tall. Now it is about 1 meter tall. De rest of the wood will be shaped, but I did not want to do the coarse stuff with lots of foliage to be damaged..

Re: Large Taxus Baccata 11 years 11 months ago #4542

• manofthetrees
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 193

That is a very thin stick

ha ha fooled you... the pot it is in is over 2 feet across the trunk is about 6 inches wide at the base. i plan to hollow out 2/3 of the middle like it rotted out but is still kickin'. a few well controled cuts down the middle to get some depth. nothing serious

what a savage...the tree looks awful

i've seen bonsai masters drill holes and split branches with a resipricating saw to attain there final vision. this tree has just begun to be transformed and to be judged as awful is rediculous

Re: Large Taxus Baccata 11 years 11 months ago #4543

• cleaner626
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 8
no. Im not underestimating or cretisice your work what i mean the picture the tree it self as what you sed the tree is already dying before you got it...i discribe it as what the pichur show..by the way i have to idea about conifirus tree, i live in tropic so i have no ability to judge that.

Re: Large Taxus Baccata 11 years 11 months ago #4550

• leatherback
  • leatherback's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3653

That is a very thin stick

ha ha fooled you... the pot it is in is over 2 feet across the trunk is about 6 inches wide at the base./quote]

Hm.. I was judging from the Vinca spp growing in the background that your main stem would be roughly 1-3 inches range. And if you start hitting that with a chainsaw, the whole plant will be vibrating and jumping side-to-side. Wondering what plants are groing in the background if that tree is 6" thick. That would make the leaves in the background 2" long..?

Just make sure you choose the right tool for the job. I would not use a chainsaw on anything light. I have a few hand-saws which are much better for finer rough cutting..