Bonsai forum

TOPIC:

Introduce yourself! 3 years 1 week ago #67528

• Oddbonsai
  • Thanks received: 3
Hi all ! My name is Matt and I’m a bonsai fan from the uk . I have had a long interest in bonsai but never really got round to owning any trees or learning the fundamentals until now . I have recently gained two trees from a friend , and helped my son create his first small juniper from nursery stock .
Can’t wait to learn more and hopefully not be too much of a nuisance to you all !
The following user(s) said Thank You: leatherback, Albas, Rone2167

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Introduce yourself! 3 years 1 week ago #67532

• lucR
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 487
Welcome Matt
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oddbonsai

Introduce yourself! 3 years 1 week ago #67566

• Rone2167
  • Thanks received: 2
Welcome Matt!

Introduce yourself! 2 years 11 months ago #68470

• IIppon
  • Thanks received: 1
Hello everyone

I'm Ronan 27 years old, French living in Thailand since 2 years.

I am a fan of the Japanese Culture in general and as long as I know I was always fascinated by Bonsais

After watching random videos about it and reading differents topic on internet I realized that it was more accessible than I was thinking.

So I decided to get into it by buying a portulacaria afra one week ago for not that much money and a Japanese elm yesterday.

I am here to share my asks about bonsai training and learn from experimented growers.

I am doing for love and has a Hobbie, I love nature and I love art and I am very excited to mix those 2 hobbies together and bring it into the comfort of my home ^^
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clicio

Introduce yourself! 2 years 10 months ago #69120

• xninik22
  • Thanks received: 1
Hi Everyone,

My name is Niko and I live in Scotland. My girlfriedn gave me a full bonsai pruning and wiring set for my borthday for my as of yet unexisting tree. I'll be honest I don't know anything about caring for a bonsai tree but am very much looking forward to taking on my first sappling or seed and hopefully see it grow and bloom.

I'm very happy to ahve come accross this forum, and I'm now going through every post and plant page looking for an indoor tree suitable for a complete beginner. My biggest problem is that living in Scotland, the last thing I can guarantee to my tree is regular sunlight. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated as I've only started familiarising my self with this wonderful hobby and it's all a little bit overwhelming still.

Anyway, I hope to see you all around the forums!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clicio

Introduce yourself! 2 years 10 months ago #69122

• Tropfrog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1356
Welcome nico. Dont try indoor growing, that is what pull most people away from the hobby. If there are trees growing naturally in your area, it will be possible to grow bonsai outdoors.

Introduce yourself! 2 years 10 months ago #69125

• Ivan Mann
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 603
According to my Scottish friends the sun shines there reliably several times a year.:) :) :)

If you are near any city there is probably a bonsai group there. They will be able to tell you what species live well,and can help in lots of ways.

Good luck.

Introduce yourself! 2 years 10 months ago #69513

• Jozeffi
  • Thanks received: 3
Hello everyone, I've just joined and thought I'd say a little hello before reading through the other topics and asking any questions.

I'm Jo and I live in England. I'm a newbie to the world of Bonsai after my partner bought me some seeds for my birthday. I'm currently growing some redbud, pine and larch seedlings and I look forward to watching them grow over the years and learn more about how to take care of them.

Cheers,

Jo :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: lucR, Clicio, Rorror

Introduce yourself! 2 years 10 months ago #69700

• Deniz
  • Thanks received: 0
Hi, I'm Dean. New to Bonsai. I have a couple of Jade plants that I have started trying yo train, a couplu of Cotoneaster and Willow cuttings. Looking forward to learning.

Introduce yourself! 2 years 9 months ago #69874

• rubymoon286
  • Thanks received: 0
Hello! I'm Ro and I'm totally new to bonsai. My best friend just bought me a tree after we talked about both wanting to start bonsai last week, so I'm excited to study up and learn this art. The tree she got me is a Texas Ebony tree and I'm really looking forward to the journey.