Bonsai forum

TOPIC:

What is Bonsai 5 years 7 months ago #44582

• Ivan Mann
  • Ivan Mann's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 603

before we start speaking out native languages, it takes years of listening... and then years of speaking before we can read, and then more years before we become proficient enough to hold conversations about complex things... learning any skill to the level of mastery is the same... Bonsai, I think, is even less forgiving... you can't bring the tree back to life, if you've made a major mistake. :-D I'm not sure if I fit into your definition of old... I'm 41.. but I definitly am crotchety... :-D

I know quite a few people way older than 41 who don't speak their native language well enough for what you say. I won't mention any political commentators by name. I know a 95 year old who is younger than quite a few 50 year olds. I know 30 year olds who are close to senile.

Bonsai is very unforgiven. I can always play a song a second time and redo the mess I made of it. Once the tree has wire marks.......

My definition of a bonsai goes back and forth. Some days it is very inclusive; some days most of my collection would best be used as toothpicks. Some years I manage to help them along that path.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What is Bonsai 5 years 7 months ago #44594

• tubaboy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 170

Bonsai is very unforgiven. I can always play a song a second time and redo the mess I made of it. Once the tree has wire marks.......

A musician Deals in the past... while you can play a Song or a piece of music a second time, you can't "fix" your mistake.. you can only do it over. :-) I tell my students this all the time.

Bonsai is much more permanent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.