• simplysaid
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 54

Replied by simplysaid on topic opinion on true age of a tree

Posted 7 years 7 months ago #25171

Auk wrote:

simplysaid wrote: The good thing is that it's pretty consistent. This site is sometimes too general. I think for most beginners, Bonsai Boy can be helpful.

I'm not sure if you got what I meant:
The guidelines for all species on the BB site are mostly identical. While they have a page for every species, the guidelines are generic ones and not specific for the species on that page. Simply create a page for a species, copy/paste to next page of other species. I never use that site whe I'm looking for specific care guidelines.

you're right.. I didn't get what you meant. I looked up Bonsai Boy and realized I was thinking of Bonsai4me. My mistake.
Bonsai4me seems as though it has some good information. I looked up info on mugo pines and read an honest opinion on when to repot. It was refreshing.
by simplysaid

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654

Replied by leatherback on topic opinion on true age of a tree

Posted 7 years 7 months ago #25188

simplysaid wrote: you're right.. I didn't get what you meant. I looked up Bonsai Boy and realized I was thinking of Bonsai4me. My mistake.
Bonsai4me seems as though it has some good information.

So pay better attention when you advice certain websites. Bonsaiboy is a website related to a webshop selling crap. Bonsai4me is one of the best non-commercial sites out there.
by leatherback
The following user(s) said Thank You: simplysaid

• Winter
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 29

Replied by Winter on topic opinion on true age of a tree

Posted 7 years 7 months ago #25195

Auk wrote:

simplysaid wrote: I believe it was about non-sai

Or else, for the same price, this amazing impression of a real, ancient tree in nature:
This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

I was sitting on the toilet when reading this. I was in a stuck situation for 10 minutes, if you know what I mean. Seeing this picture helped me getting the job done.

by Winter
The following user(s) said Thank You: BonsaiLearner