Bonsai forum

TOPIC:

Is it dead 7 years 7 months ago #25360

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654

is this post a joke? They post a fuzzy picture of a dead bush in a pot and ask if it's a dead bonsai? How can we take this seriously?

Slow down there tiger. We all start from somewhere, and start asking questions at some point. Not all can start with great material like this one..
www.bonsaiempire.com/forum/repotting-and...basic-beginner-stuff
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lynette

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Is it dead 7 years 7 months ago #25361

• Dippytree
  • Dippytree's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 1
I'm at the point now where I wish I never joined this group I bought what I thought was a bonsai tree from asda it said on the box that it was a bonsai and since joining and asking a few questions I've been made to feel horrible first being told to spell better ( I'm dislectic) and now people thinking my post is a joke first thing first I can't spell very well and I don't have the up to date state of the art mobile with the capability to take perfect photos thanks for the help from some people but I will withdraw my questions and go somewhere else for help and advise thank-you

Is it dead 7 years 7 months ago #25362

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

I can't spell very well

Your spelling is excellent.

Is it dead 7 years 7 months ago #25363

• simplysaid
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 54
I m usually pretty nice and forgiving. Even 99% of the beginner posts are of some sort of mallsai that's sold as a bonsai. or they have gotten tree and see some life and understand what a dead tree looks like. But I almost feel as though Dippy is looking to make fun of this site, by posting a fuzzy photo of an a dead bush. Because I take this hobby/art seriously, I hold back from having a little fun because I truly want to help others and learn from others. But this seems to go a little too far IMO
At least my tree wasn't dead, because I could tell. And it's an actual tree not a bush. I never called it a bonsai, and I stated my intentions. So if you're going to make a comparison, you have failed.

Is it dead 7 years 7 months ago #25364

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

I'm at the point now where I wish I never joined this group I bought what I thought was a bonsai tree from asda it said on the box that it was a bonsai and since joining and asking a few questions I've been made to feel horrible first being told to spell better ( I'm dislectic) and now people thinking my post is a joke first thing first I can't spell very well and I don't have the up to date state of the art mobile with the capability to take perfect photos thanks for the help from some people but I will withdraw my questions and go somewhere else for help and advise thank-you

Sorry to hear you feel the need to leave over a few simple comments.
If you are dyslectic, you know how important it is to be understood, and how easy it is to be misunderstoor. Not using punctuation at all is not being dyslectic. It is to a point also being lazy. I have dated a dyslectic girl for several years. Se managed better sentences & spelling than me, because she paid attention. Don't use being dyslectic as a reason to be offended if someone points out it is hard to read your stuff. It is hard. And people cannot tell from their screen what disabilities you might have. Auk has a disability which stops him from being polite. We all live with it, once we learn this. He can't help it. It is in his genes.

The only other thing I can see is people telling you it iss not a bonsai. I am sorry to say, but it just is not. As for the picture: The picture is just not good enough. Taking a picture with the light, instead of against, and with better lighting will improve your picture a lot. With the same camera.

I am sorry to write this, because it will hurt your feelings, but how do you want people to help you if you do not want to hear basic truths when they might not be what you were hoping for?

Is it dead 7 years 7 months ago #25365

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

I m usually pretty nice and forgiving. Even 99% of the beginner posts are of some sort of mallsai that's sold as a bonsai. or they have gotten tree and see some life and understand what a dead tree looks like. But I almost feel as though Dippy is looking to make fun of this site, by posting a fuzzy photo of an a dead bush. Because I take this hobby/art seriously, I hold back from having a little fun because I truly want to help others and learn from others. But this seems to go a little too far IMO
At least my tree wasn't dead, because I could tell. And it's an actual tree not a bush. I never called it a bonsai, and I stated my intentions. So if you're going to make a comparison, you have failed.

It is impossible to tell from the post whether someone is trolling, or dead serious. And then making fun of someone who seriously is posting the question, is tricky. I have a deal with Oscar that I report posts when I suspect trolling, and he verifies this against a record he keeps. So far, hardly anyone was seriously trolling.
And to be honest.. Your first post was a little, but not a lot better than this one. Would you now post the same question? Or do you know realize it is a very long ay away from good starter material?

Really. Let's all cut people a little slack, and assume the right beind the posts. It really will improve the overall virtual atmosphere on here!

Is it dead 7 years 7 months ago #25366

• simplysaid
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

I'm sorry that you are so easily offended. I have no problem with your spelling, punctuation, or quality of pictures. But how can you expect people to help you if you don't try to help yourself?
My only advice is to read and learn.

Is it dead 7 years 7 months ago #25367

• simplysaid
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

It is impossible to tell from the post whether someone is trolling, or dead serious. And then making fun of someone who seriously is posting the question, is tricky. I have a deal with Oscar that I report posts when I suspect trolling, and he verifies this against a record he keeps. So far, hardly anyone was seriously trolling.
And to be honest.. Your first post was a little, but not a lot better than this one. Would you now post the same question? Or do you know realize it is a very long ay away from good starter material?

Really. Let's all cut people a little slack, and assume the right beind the posts. It really will improve the overall virtual atmosphere on here!

Not a problem. I have NO right to criticize anyone for their starter material. But I have every right to question the validity of their seriousness based on their posts. And in my opinion I did and still think that this was merely a post to ruffle some feathers (it worked) and make a slight mockery, or else this person would not have been so quickly offended and run away.
I still have starter material that's too rough to criticize. I like you LB and you seem very knowledgeable, but your opinion is just that. It doesn't mean your right. And I would still post the same questions, background, clear picture, and accept all the honest criticism that went with it.

Is it dead 7 years 7 months ago #25368

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

Auk has a disability which stops him from being polite. We all live with it, once we learn this. He can't help it. It is in his genes.

Whoa! What have I done to you? I always react with the utmost respect to your posts as I consider you very knowledgeable. Why the sudden need to offend me?
Well, must be your nationality. I can guess where you come from.

Is it dead 7 years 7 months ago #25369

• Dippytree
  • Dippytree's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 1
I'm not sure what and why my questions have caused problems and I don't fully understand wgat people are getting at I think I've worked it out asda sold me a plant of some kind and not a bonsai from pictures I've seen of bonsai s so thanks everyone who has answered me