Bonsai forum

TOPIC:

Is it dead 7 years 7 months ago #25372

• Winter
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 29
One day had Zarathustra fallen asleep under a fig-tree, owing to the heat, with his arm over his face. And there came an adder and bit him in the neck, so that Zarathustra screamed with pain. When he had taken his arm from his face he looked at the serpent; and then did it recognise the eyes of Zarathustra, wriggled awkwardly, and tried to get away. "Not at all," said Zarathustra, "as yet hast thou not received my thanks! Thou hast awakened me in time; my journey is yet long." "Thy journey is short," said the adder sadly; "my poison is fatal." Zarathustra smiled. "When did ever a dragon die of a serpent's poison?"—said he.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mimo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Is it dead 7 years 7 months ago #25381

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654

Auk has a disability which stops him from being polite. We all live with it, once we learn this. He can't help it. It is in his genes.

Whoa! What have I done to you? I always react with the utmost respect to your posts as I consider you very knowledgeable. Why the sudden need to offend me?
Well, must be your nationality. I can guess where you come from.

:P
I do apologize. :dry:

Is it dead 7 years 7 months ago #25390

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

I do apologize. :dry:

You know I was trolling, right ?

Last edit: Post by Auk.

Is it dead 7 years 7 months ago #25391

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
With you, you never know. There is a fine line between bonsai and mallsai :evil: :P ;)

Is it dead 7 years 7 months ago #25395

• simplysaid
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 54

I'm not sure what and why my questions have caused problems and I don't fully understand wgat people are getting at I think I've worked it out asda sold me a plant of some kind and not a bonsai from pictures I've seen of bonsai s so thanks everyone who has answered me

I apologize for questioning the validity of your post. I thought that you were making fun of or possibly a mockery of this art/hobby. I hope you dig deep into this past time and find what you're looking for. I will be of any help I can through my experiences.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dippytree

Is it dead 7 years 7 months ago #25396

• Dippytree
  • Dippytree's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 1
Thanks simplysaid for getting back I think we all got off on the wrong foot I think the two plants sold to me through asda are just some sorry looking bush thing lol anyway I have since bought a bonsai tree I hope I was told it's a Japanese elm am I right?? Also could you give me any info or growing tips?? Much appreciated
(I think I've got this predicted text down to a tee )

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Is it dead 7 years 7 months ago #25397

• Mimo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 927

One day had Zarathustra fallen asleep under a fig-tree, owing to the heat, with his arm over his face. And there came an adder and bit him in the neck, so that Zarathustra screamed with pain. When he had taken his arm from his face he looked at the serpent; and then did it recognise the eyes of Zarathustra, wriggled awkwardly, and tried to get away. "Not at all," said Zarathustra, "as yet hast thou not received my thanks! Thou hast awakened me in time; my journey is yet long." "Thy journey is short," said the adder sadly; "my poison is fatal." Zarathustra smiled. "When did ever a dragon die of a serpent's poison?"—said he.

That is from my most favourite book of all time man, I consider it the best piece of literature ever written :)
Thanks for sharing one ot the many thoughts of a great mind :)

Is it dead 7 years 7 months ago #25398

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

Thanks simplysaid for getting back I think we all got off on the wrong foot I think the two plants sold to me through asda are just some sorry looking bush thing lol anyway I have since bought a bonsai tree I hope I was told it's a Japanese elm am I right??

yeah, looks like a Chinese elm, but... oh, my...

Is it dead 7 years 7 months ago #25399

• Dippytree
  • Dippytree's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 1
What do you mean oh... My.... ????

Is it dead 7 years 7 months ago #25401

• Mimo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 927
Oh my here too - one of the worst mallsai I have ever seen.
Before you go buying your next mallsai please research what we are looking for in a "bonsai".
It is challenging to try and make something out of mallsais for me, just abused a ligustrum my dad got for me, but I have no idea how on earth would anyone make a bonsai out of this thing.
But at least you can learn on it how to keep it alive.

Last edit: Post by Mimo.