Bonsai forum

juniper

• hein
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 2

Replied by hein on topic Re: juniper

Posted 12 years 7 months ago #1571
It has started raining and it will keep raining the whole week. Will wait for the weather to pick up before I transplant the juni. The juni got a bit wet, so it will be moved to under the roof to dry out a bit. We are aexpecting some more heavy rain towards the weekend with a cold front coming through as well. Hopefully spring brings better weather
by hein

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Pinkham
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 62

Replied by Pinkham on topic Re: juniper

Posted 12 years 7 months ago #1626

Leslie wrote: Hi Lance,

Just wondering...were you in a yoga pose when you made this discovery. :silly: LOL! Juss kiddin'! I think it's a great discovery that has wonderful potential.

Might the root ball being on the side present any challenges in the future? Like when it is ready to place in a bonsai dish? But then, with careful, well-timed and very *gradual* root work it could prove to make a very unique specimen. What say you?

I just read a link shared on the forum that said yellowing needles on a Juniper (in your case they're now brown) can indicate a need for repotting. Could it be possible with this Juniper? Great vision and super photos. Thanks for sharing!

Leslie,
The reason this juni's needles are brown is because the foliage was too thick. Thick foliage prevents light and air from getting to the inner parts of the tree, turning them brown.
by Pinkham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.