TOPIC: fertilizing my juniper bonsai?

fertilizing my juniper bonsai? 1 year 1 month ago #31007

self-promotion or not, i liked very much and that is the most important for me, has a lot of schemes and visual diagrams that i liked, so i thank you for that the other sites i already know, your site has potential, good luck.
p.s- where are you from and how is the climate in your country if i can ask?
  • ykbonsai
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 12

fertilizing my juniper bonsai? 1 year 1 month ago #31009

Thx.
I put the site together to summarize what I know, I think I know, and what I could verify online. Aim: Specific for people new, and create understanding.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

treeyopermacultureedu.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/slide29.jpg
I live in the border between Netherlands and Germany. Near Enschede. Zone 6. Winters up to -23c. (Though this is rare. Normal winters we see peaks of -10 to -15c. In the 8 years I live here, I have only had -20 in 2 winters, although one winter we had this for 2 weeks, almost every night..
  • leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • For the love of plants
  • Thank you received: 1230
Ficus and bonsai. Lots can be said.
Only small things can ever become big
growingbonsai.net: Learn how to grow bonsai

fertilizing my juniper bonsai? 1 year 1 month ago #31100

I found that in the climate I live the trees developing trunks also potted, I noticed an average grow of 5mm per trunk a year on almost all my Juniper specimen.
I agree that planting it into still will get you there faster, but I had some bad luck digging them out, some trees have suffered a lot, no matter how careful I was. It may be the technical aspect or just the way these trees react in my part of the world. I discuss it a lot with my Indonesian friends, they make the same experiences. Not to forget the growing season here is all year around.
  • Indo Andreas
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 92