Bonsai forum

TOPIC:

Buying Dead Bonsai For Aquarium Use 5 years 9 months ago #42753

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

Here are a few more pics from our private collection. The Hemlock is approximately 1000 yearls old.

Now that is so much better. I'm still not impressed by the other trees but these are really nice. Is that a Tsuga Canadensis / Eastern Hemlock ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Buying Dead Bonsai For Aquarium Use 5 years 9 months ago #42758

• Dead Tree Clan
  • Thanks received: 5

Here are a few more pics from our private collection. The Hemlock is approximately 1000 yearls old.

Now that is so much better. I'm still not impressed by the other trees but these are really nice. Is that a Tsuga Canadensis / Eastern Hemlock ?

Tsuga Mertensiana.

Buying Dead Bonsai For Aquarium Use 5 years 9 months ago #42773

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

Tsuga Mertensiana.

That's amazing. I looked it up and found:
"sometimes attaining more than 800 years in age. Arborescent individuals that have narrowly conical crowns until old age (300 to 400 years)"

So, if they are 'old' at 300-400 years, and they only sometimes get older than 800 years, and yours is 1000, that must be an extremely rare - and valuable - specimen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Felidae

Last edit: Post by Auk.