Bonsai forum

TOPIC:

Re: Introduce yourself! 12 years 1 month ago #4186

• Pinkham
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 62
A few of mine came from a surplus/salvage place in Brewer. Marden's :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Introduce yourself! 12 years 1 month ago #4209

• Titus2woman
  • Thanks received: 1
HI (((((y'all)))))! In the past few years I have discovered that whenever you want to learn a new skill there is nothing better than a forum! OH technology really IS amazing, isn't it? So I've landed here and am so excited! I am a total newbie and haven't even started a tree yet. :)

My interest has been growing after falling in love with Korean dramas, enjoying Japanese art lessons in our little homeschool, and appreciating some of the gardens of our local parks.

I am forty and mama to five. It's such a pleasure to find y'all!!! (((((HUGS))))) sandi
The following user(s) said Thank You: Youri1995

Re: Introduce yourself! 12 years 1 month ago #4212

• Pinkham
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 62
Hey Sandi,
Welcome to the forum.This site is pretty informative. Good luck deciding on a tree. One thing you need to be aware of is that bonsai are addicting. Like those chips "you can't have just one". Good luck :)
Lance

Re: Introduce yourself! 12 years 4 weeks ago #4288

• Vnolan
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 17
Hi Sandi, welcome! There are a lot of really nice and helpful people on this forum. I'm new here, too :). I joined a year ago but I started participating only recently.

We were discussing how bonsai can be addicting :D. But it's so relaxing and fun! Do you have any ideas for your first tree? Anything in particular that you find interesting?

Valerie

Re: Introduce yourself! 12 years 4 weeks ago #4293

• manofthetrees
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 193
mmmm chips... :P welcome y'all ...yep i think ill be way over 30 by the end of the year :pinch: ... goin on 6 years now B)

Re: Introduce yourself! 12 years 4 weeks ago #4326

• Youri1995
  • Youri1995's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 45
Welcome Sandi to the forum! :)

Re: Introduce yourself! 12 years 3 weeks ago #4443

• snuffy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 15
Howdy

Names Darrell from colorado. I have been doing bonsai for almost a year now. I grew up on a farm in illinois, so I have been growing stuff forever. Bought my first bonsai off a clearance rack at walmart. I did a lot of reading on how to take care of it and got hooked. My wife thinks I'm crazy LOL. I have 25ish trees. Now for the trees: surinam cherry,
ginsing ficus, boxwood, fukian tea, 3 small zelkova(for experimentation), pony tail palm, brazilian rain tree, 2 small pondarosa pine (in drilled coffee cups), 3 big pondarosa pines(yamadori), 3 bigger zelkova, 2 holly, 5 junipers, a potentia, chinese elm, mugo pine, some kind of shrub got from my step-daughters yard, and I think I'm forgetting some.

Oh well the first thing to go is the mind. (Bye gonna miss ya. LOL)

2 of the junipers are going to be tanuki. 1 is a wind swept. 1 is going to be a cascade this afternoon.
The 2 small pondarosa pines are going to be cascade. 2 of the big ones will be cascade as well.

I plan on having a blast here.

Laters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Youri1995

Re: Introduce yourself! 12 years 3 weeks ago #4446

• Youri1995
  • Youri1995's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 45
Welcome to the forum! :)

Cool, you already have a nice collection with different sorts of trees. They're all very good trees for bonsai!

If you have any questions or just want to share some pictures of your trees, don't hesitate to open a topic, we would all love to see some of your work!

Re: Introduce yourself! 12 years 3 weeks ago #4447

• snuffy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 15
Thanks

I will have to look thu the thousands of pics I got to find some.
I'm a photography fanatic as well LOL. I really need to organize my pics on the computer. That is going to take a while tho. Might just take new ones. LOL

Re: Introduce yourself! 12 years 3 weeks ago #4452

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654

Thanks

I will have to look thu the thousands of pics I got to find some.
I'm a photography fanatic as well LOL. I really need to organize my pics on the computer. That is going to take a while tho. Might just take new ones. LOL

Get Lightroom from Adobe Software. I bought it about 2 years back and can't imagine working without is anymore. The best feature of it: You can add as many keywaords to a foto as you like and then later flip through them based on keyword. I am in the middle of giving my trees a code (Species + year of sowing/clipping + serial number) which I add to the pics of individual trees so I can get a progressions view in a flip of the keyboard. As you also have thousands of pics, best to start this at the start of e.g. christmas holidays as you will need time. But fortunately you can add a keyword to many pictures at the same time.