Bonsai forum

TOPIC:

I introduce myself 7 years 9 months ago #22792

• AndyN
  • Thanks received: 0
Hi Daniele!
Glad to hear you are from Vercors. I'm planning a hike on the Vercors massif with my girlfriend for bonsai inspiration. There must be lovely pines there?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Introduce yourself! 7 years 9 months ago #22793

• AndyN
Hi Bonsai fans! Lovely forum with so many nice people and experts here!
I'm AndyN, a nature loving soon to be a garden owner (outside Geneva in central Europe). I spend as much time as I can in nature/mountains, skiing in the winter, hiking, climbing and sailing in the summer. I see a lot of superb yamadori when I'm out and I've been studying the field for some time preparing to start next spring.
In the meantime I'm mapping out and learning about yamadori and what it requires to collect. Can anyone instruct me on how to obtain (if possible) permission to collect trees in France on government owned property?
If anyone is in the area (alps, Geneva/NW Italy...) for bonsai/yamadori matters feel free to send me a message, there is so much potential here!
AndyN

Introduce yourself! 7 years 8 months ago #23193

• RedJamesBonsai
  • Thanks received: 1
Hello there.
Just wAnted to stop in and say hello for my first post.
My name is James I'm 42 from North Carolina USA. I am very new to bonsai but willing to learn all I can. I have been interested in it for a long time. And finally pulled the trigger and bought my first plant to turn into a bonsai. I want to make my own not buy them . I am here to learn as much as I can

Introduce yourself! 7 years 8 months ago #23205

• Von
Hi everyone, my name's John. I live in Wembley, London. I was given a (rather sad-looking) bonsai as a birthday present, and i'm rather at sea with it, but excited.

If anyone can help with identifying it, I've put a post with pics in the help topic. Any assistance appreciated.

Introduce yourself! 7 years 7 months ago #23922

• TreanuLeaves
Hello from Florida!
My name is Bryan and I'm 28. I just moved to Florida from Maine and I've wanted to get into Bonsai on and off for most of my life and I finally have a little bit of space and a better climate to take in some trees!
Work has been slow this summer so I'm operating pretty lean but I've got a few trees and a few tools and a club membership!
I like to make, fix and repurpose things and that will probably shine though if I get a little tree impatient.
I really appreciate the community I've seen here! Bonsai Empire seems like a nicer community than most for such an opinionated hobby and I hope I can bring something to the table!
Thanks for reading!
TL

Introduce yourself! 7 years 7 months ago #23927

• BonsaiLearner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 101
Welcome!
The following user(s) said Thank You: TreanuLeaves

Introduce yourself! 7 years 6 months ago #25584

• rtmann
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 9
Hello All! My name is Randy and I come from sunny Arizona in the US. I am looking forward to learning about bonsai from all of you. I am particularly interested in learning some hot weather bonsai techniques you may have to offer! I am truly a novice and just attempted my 2nd styling of a bonsai tree...feel free to critique on my other post. I have already learned a great deal and I look forward to joining your community!

Introduce yourself! 7 years 5 months ago #26283

• Hypno_Hiker
Hi Folks!

Checking in from Port Charlotte, Florida USA.

I was recently drawn to start learning , but have been amazed by the art of bonsai since I saw my first plant (I believe it was on TV). I am looking forward to learning from the basic styling to the most exotic techniques. I look forward to our journey together - never mastering but always growing in knowledge of this beautiful art form.

Introduce yourself! 7 years 5 months ago #26296

• rtmann
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 9
Welcome to the forum...the website offers a great deal of information about bonsai and is worth the read or watch! I am new at this as well. Jump in and enjoy the ride.

Introduce yourself! 7 years 5 months ago #26332

• Mossy moss
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 15
Hi, my name is Langkee and I am 12 year old Korean boy that lives in New Zealand. I hear that it is very rare and weird for someone as young as me to do bonsai but I am proud of that fact. Since I am young, I have a lot of time left to live so I hope to achieve some good results with my trees.
I started by bonsai few months after I went on a holiday and saw beautiful bonsai trees and got inspired to create a tree like that. I started with a juniper procumbens nana. I try and buy more trees whenever I have the money too.
I am currently trying to learn more about wiring and making the bonsai tree maintain the desired shape. I hope I can learn from this community and help it too. Thankyou all.