Bonsai forum

TOPIC:

Introduce yourself! 7 years 6 months ago #26638

• tsalagi76
  • Thanks received: 1
Hello all! I live in western North Carolina. I have been interested in potted plants and Bonsai for a while. When I had the chance to get into Bonsai, I took it, so here I am. Looking forward to learning and expanding my knowledge.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Introduce yourself! 7 years 6 months ago #26964

• rtmann
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 9
Welcome to the forum...this site has a lot of good information about bonsai and some knowledgeable people on the forum. Hope to see some of your bonsai.

Introduce yourself! 7 years 6 months ago #26965

• simplysaid
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 54

Hello all! I live in western North Carolina. I have been interested in potted plants and Bonsai for a while. When I had the chance to get into Bonsai, I took it, so here I am. Looking forward to learning and expanding my knowledge.

Not sure where you live in NC, but I lived in Wilmington for a couple years and found a Bonsai artist who was very interesting. His site is called the painted lady Bonsai. If you're on the coast, you should look him up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MyBossHasABonsai

Introduce yourself! 7 years 6 months ago #26976

• Kimba
  • Thanks received: 2
Hi, I'm a bonsai novice. I took a beginner's course several years ago with David Silver of Bantam (CT)Bonsai. I don't have a good place to overwinter a deciduous bonsai, so I'm sticking with tropicals for now. My interest in bonsai and niwaki was renewed a few years ago after a trip to Japan. I've been pruning fearlessly ever since. Haven't killed anything yet. Not by pruning it to death, that is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MyBossHasABonsai

Introduce yourself! 7 years 4 months ago #28157

• MyBossHasABonsai
  • Thanks received: 0
Hi all,

My name is Carla, I am a brazilian living in London. I am really happy I found this forum. My Boss went on holidays and I have the ABSOLUTELY HUGE task of taking care of his Bonsai while he is away. I have no idea on where to begin, so SUPER HAPPY on receiving any help from you all experts around Bonsais :woohoo:

I am taking the Bonsai home with me for the Holiday Break and bringing it back in January. My goal is to keep it alive, but if I can make it any healthier I'm sure I'll get brownie points with the Boss :silly:

Thank you everyone, I am posting a picture of the little one so you can say hi to it:

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Introduce yourself! 7 years 4 months ago #28177

• 4acre
Hello, my name is Kevin and I am beginning hopefully a long and rewarding hobby with Bonsai care. I was recently gifted what was advertised as a Bonsai but turns out it is not so for now I plan on keeping it alive or trying to anyway but no worries I am reading more and more and I am going to try and cultivate some trees from seeds come next fall so I have plenty of time to read more into the subject. I am very excited and people in this forum have already been helpful and hopefully I can care for some trees.

Introduce yourself! 7 years 3 months ago #28254

• Irka-Plyushka
  • Thanks received: 2
Hello from Russia, St-Petersburg! I'm Irina and I'm 25.
Last year, or a bit earlier, I've started my first bonsai from a cutting of a very nice myrtus that is already dead, unfortunately. But I'm learning on my mistakes, instead of reading a lot... :whistle:
I really loved watching Nigel Saunder's videos about his wonderful plants and I became his fan because of his "Do something green today! :) And I'm trying to do.
I can tell, that both, doing green and doing bonsai, is not very easy in Russia, because there're few places where you can find what you need or recycle wastes, but I'm doing my best.
I've made a list of my plants, and my mother's too (she imparted me to plant-loving), with theirs years of "birth".
And I hope one day I'll order somewhere a beautiful pot and put there my young myrtus :)

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: Post by Irka-Plyushka.

Introduce yourself! 7 years 3 months ago #28255

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
Welcome to the Empire, young Russian friend.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Irka-Plyushka

Introduce yourself! 7 years 3 months ago #28271

• Annaliz
Hi guys,
I am new here. Glad to see you all here. I am a beginner to bonsai and hope that I could learn more from here.

Introduce yourself! 7 years 3 months ago #28276

• Falfeir
hello from istanbul. I ordered bonsai beginners guide from amazon and learned about this site&forum from the book. which was fortunate because the book hundredfold my beginner questions. :P