• Page:

TOPIC: Buying Dead Bonsai For Aquarium Use

Buying Dead Bonsai For Aquarium Use 6 months 6 days ago #36720

The unfortunate truth is that some of our beloved Bonsai Trees die. This could just be a natural thing or it could have been an error on our part. Either way you are left with a bonsai that is of no use any longer. Or is it?

I am buying any dead Bonsai that it's branches are in good condition for use in aquariums. This is an opportunity to allow another artist to put their skills to use and create a beautiful Aquascape from your dead tree. The way we do it is to dry the dead tree and introduce it into a tank with live moss attached to where a live Bonsai would have leaves. When we do our art correctly the tree looks very close to natural, but underwater. We then add appropriate fish, shrimp, and other plants to bring the Aquascape ALIVE with your dead bonsai as the center piece!

Anyone interested in selling their dead bonsai please let me know, I'd love to have a chance at purchasing it from you so it's not a complete loss for you.
  • Steve-H
  • Steve-H's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

Buying Dead Bonsai For Aquarium Use 6 months 6 days ago #36724

It probably is not worth the effort.
I for one would not go through the effort of getting all the permits of sending plant materials across international borders.
  • leatherback
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1258

Buying Dead Bonsai For Aquarium Use 6 months 5 days ago #36728

leatherback wrote: It probably is not worth the effort.
I for one would not go through the effort of getting all the permits of sending plant materials across international borders.

And then the preparation, packing and shipping. I't's probably cheaper to buy a mallsai and wait a few weeks.
  • Auk
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1108

Buying Dead Bonsai For Aquarium Use 6 months 5 days ago #36733

Thinking you may be right. Offer is still out there for anyone in the USA that has a nice tree that can be used for aquarium scenery, I know a lot of people would be interested in these.
  • Steve-H
  • Steve-H's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
  • Page: