Bonsai forum

TOPIC:

Buying Dead Bonsai For Aquarium Use 6 years 3 months ago #36720

• Steve-H
  • Steve-H's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
The unfortunate truth is that some of our beloved Bonsai Trees die. This could just be a natural thing or it could have been an error on our part. Either way you are left with a bonsai that is of no use any longer. Or is it?

I am buying any dead Bonsai that it's branches are in good condition for use in aquariums. This is an opportunity to allow another artist to put their skills to use and create a beautiful Aquascape from your dead tree. The way we do it is to dry the dead tree and introduce it into a tank with live moss attached to where a live Bonsai would have leaves. When we do our art correctly the tree looks very close to natural, but underwater. We then add appropriate fish, shrimp, and other plants to bring the Aquascape ALIVE with your dead bonsai as the center piece!

Anyone interested in selling their dead bonsai please let me know, I'd love to have a chance at purchasing it from you so it's not a complete loss for you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Buying Dead Bonsai For Aquarium Use 6 years 3 months ago #36724

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3653
It probably is not worth the effort.
I for one would not go through the effort of getting all the permits of sending plant materials across international borders.

Buying Dead Bonsai For Aquarium Use 6 years 3 months ago #36728

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

It probably is not worth the effort.
I for one would not go through the effort of getting all the permits of sending plant materials across international borders.

And then the preparation, packing and shipping. I't's probably cheaper to buy a mallsai and wait a few weeks.

Buying Dead Bonsai For Aquarium Use 6 years 3 months ago #36733

• Steve-H
  • Steve-H's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Thinking you may be right. Offer is still out there for anyone in the USA that has a nice tree that can be used for aquarium scenery, I know a lot of people would be interested in these.

Buying Dead Bonsai For Aquarium Use 5 years 8 months ago #42586

• Dead Tree Clan
  • Thanks received: 5

The unfortunate truth is that some of our beloved Bonsai Trees die. This could just be a natural thing or it could have been an error on our part. Either way you are left with a bonsai that is of no use any longer. Or is it?

I am buying any dead Bonsai that it's branches are in good condition for use in aquariums. This is an opportunity to allow another artist to put their skills to use and create a beautiful Aquascape from your dead tree. The way we do it is to dry the dead tree and introduce it into a tank with live moss attached to where a live Bonsai would have leaves. When we do our art correctly the tree looks very close to natural, but underwater. We then add appropriate fish, shrimp, and other plants to bring the Aquascape ALIVE with your dead bonsai as the center piece!

Anyone interested in selling their dead bonsai please let me know, I'd love to have a chance at purchasing it from you so it's not a complete loss for you.

Hello! My name is Jim and I am the owner of the Dead Tree Clan. We have an assortment of fully grown dead bonsai trees between the ages of 20-35 years.

Please contact me at deadtreeclan at gmail dot com for more info and pricing.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Buying Dead Bonsai For Aquarium Use 5 years 8 months ago #42589

• Clicio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1549
I don't know about you guys, but I get a weird feeling when dead bonsai are being negotiated in a Forum that go to extremes to keep them alive.
I'm off of this cadaver selling business, sorry.

Buying Dead Bonsai For Aquarium Use 5 years 8 months ago #42590

• Dead Tree Clan

I don't know about you guys, but I get a weird feeling when dead bonsai are being negotiated in a Forum that go to extremes to keep them alive.
I'm off of this cadaver selling business, sorry.

Perhaps, I can help clarify our position.

We are a bonsai tree nursery that has been growing and training trees for over 50 years. We have some of the finest trees on the planet and we go to extremes to keep them healthy. This comes at a great cost, not only for the growers but for the trees themselves. A couple of winters ago, we had a very long, bad cold snap that killed dozens of our prize possessions. We have mourned that loss and are moving on.

Bonsai trees, as you know, are a form of art, and whether the tree is alive or dead, it's still a form of art. Rather than just disposing of the trees, we are offering them a new life, so to speak, a chance for another artist to make them look beautiful again. A chance for them to go on as the art form from which they grew.

Hope that helps.
Thanks
Jim
The following user(s) said Thank You: leroycoutts, seeparks

Buying Dead Bonsai For Aquarium Use 5 years 8 months ago #42594

• Dead Tree Clan
My wife is a floral designer, here is an example of one of her creations using a fallen comrade.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Buying Dead Bonsai For Aquarium Use 5 years 8 months ago #42607

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3653

We have some of the finest trees on the planet and we go to extremes to keep them healthy.

I think it would be really great if you could share your expertise on this forum! Many here are really struggling to get their trees to the next level, and most have no idea how to get from cutting or seedling tobonsai level. It would be great if you could perhaps do a post on the process involved?

Do you have some examples of the trees that you are growing?

Buying Dead Bonsai For Aquarium Use 5 years 8 months ago #42608

• Madartej21
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 102

We have some of the finest trees on the planet and we go to extremes to keep them healthy.

I think it would be really great if you could share your expertise on this forum! Many here are really struggling to get their trees to the next level, and most have no idea how to get from cutting or seedling tobonsai level. It would be great if you could perhaps do a post on the process involved?

Do you have some examples of the trees that you are growing?

Exactly! That would be great :)