Bonsai forum

TOPIC:

Introduce yourself! 6 years 9 months ago #34382

• imadragonkeeper
  • Thanks received: 2
Darn I work every other weekend so I won't be able to make the exhibit :(
Because of my odd work schedule it can be difficult for me to attend club meetings, however I may look into it anyway in order to make connections with like-minded people. I am fortunate that I work with someone who has been raising trees from seeds and or cuttings for many years and he does quite a bit of Bonsai. He has some rare and interesting trees from his native home of Puerto Rico. He's willing to help me out also and I have some seeds I'm going to have him start then we will split up those that actually take and grow once they are established enough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Travi51

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Introduce yourself! 6 years 9 months ago #34385

• Travi51
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 35
No problem. Just letting you know, if would like the dates of any other events let me know. But other than that we can answer any questions you may have on the forum.

Introduce yourself! 6 years 9 months ago #34390

• BonsaiGrasshopper7
  • Thanks received: 1
G'day mate, I live 45 kms from Coffs Harbour, NSW Australia. I've been doing bonsai since yr 5 (11 years old). My first bonsai was a fig and it didn't go down well. My pop was my first teacher and he has helped me many times. I've only bought bonsai once out of the three bonsai I have now so I get all my bonsai from saplings in the garden or from cuttings which I plan to do this spring. Once I become a master I hope to write a bonsai book for Australian bonsai enthusiasts.

Introduce yourself! 6 years 9 months ago #34399

• Travi51
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Very cool grasshopper, I wish you the best of luck and I welcome you to the Empire.

Introduce yourself! 6 years 9 months ago #34400

• Sleuth
  • Thanks received: 2
Hello all!
My name is Patrick, from Mill Creek, Wa. Ever since a fat, gay, middle aged half italian/jew botanist by the name of B- got my panties in a bunch over some trees about 2 years ago I've mysteriously wound up with a collection of 20+ trees. No I am not gay, back to the trees. I absolutely love the art of bonsai because of the place I live in. There is so much here In Washington and so many species of evergreen and deciduous trees. I am particularly fond of Taxaceae or Yew trees. My most recent acquisition is a rare Taxus Brevifolia or Pacific Yew given to me by a friend that he collected from whatever forest he was in that day. I had been looking myself for one ever since I got into the art. I have learned a great deal from trial and error, extensive research and discussion from friends who share the same hobby. I have questions, you have answers and now ill shut up, listen and learn. I'm happy to be here and am excited for what connections and conversations will be had.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Introduce yourself! 6 years 9 months ago #34402

• Travi51
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Welcome to the Empire

Introduce yourself! 6 years 9 months ago #34409

• Kingjavmes111
  • Thanks received: 0
Thank for having me I started getting a Chinese Elm Bonsai that I kill , I how Mables various one I have brought trying to various seeds on from seeds to

Introduce yourself! 6 years 3 months ago #37062

• Kassandra
Hello,
I'm a complete newbie.
I live in Canada and have 11 house plants, one is a Poinsettia that I've had for 2 years, I moved it to a small/med pot after it's first Christmas and It's basically a wire-y 2' tree now. I decided to read up on them, and found out that in Mexico they end up as large bushes, and are used like Lilacs are here, as a dividing hedge between properties. I just don't have that kind of room in my apartment!
I've decided to make it into a bonsai tree, I'm waiting till the spring to prune and re-pot it. I'm also thinking of looking for a nursery lilac in spring as I just love the smell of the flowers and don't anticipate owning a home/land for several more years in which to grow a large one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clicio

Introduce yourself! 6 years 3 months ago #37063

• 333Adriaan333
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 26
Hi all my name is Adriaan I'm from South Africa Johannesburg I'm new to the art got my first tree June 2016 and joined a club last year and got over 80 potted trees so far and say like 5 of them I'll say is bonsai trees so far

Introduce yourself! 6 years 3 months ago #37070

• srobert
Hello everyone! My name is Robert. I am from Romania, I am an HR Analyst with a ton of hobbies including film photography, aquariums and the newest one bonsai. I bought a Ginseng ficus a while back, nothing fancy, but I want something more challenging. Before I get into buying any plant, I need resources, so any links, books or videos you guys can give me will be appreciated. It is nice to meet you, and hopefully, I can post some projects as soon as possible.