Bonsai forum

TOPIC:

Introduce yourself! 5 years 10 months ago #40340

• Felidae
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 236

Some response to the previous posts here that shall not be made in public

Hehe.. Don’t have a private section here what just registered users can see?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Introduce yourself! 5 years 10 months ago #40345

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
There is private messaging..

Introduce yourself! 5 years 8 months ago #43591

• ARBonsai
  • Thanks received: 6
Hello Bonsai Empire!!
My name is Anthony and I am a new bonsai enthusiast. I have always loved trees and nature, especially bonsai. I have thought it was an amazing art form, but never did it myself. Well I'm no longer sitting on the sidelines and am trying to begin my own collection. I am extremely excited for early spring to do some yamadori hikes and possibly bring home a beautiful specimen or two. Currently I have one tree that's a working bonsai and then several other pre bonsai and first year seedlings to be trained. I have completly fallen in love with the art form and look forward to passing it down to my children so that we can enjoy bonsai together. My wife has even taken some interest in my hobby.

I look forward to learning and sharing all that is bonsai! Hopefully one day I can pass along the knowledge I learn to others in need. Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: leatherback, Clicio, Felidae

Introduce yourself! 5 years 8 months ago #43593

• Clicio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1549
Welcome, Anthony!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ARBonsai

Introduce yourself! 5 years 7 months ago #43914

• Dylanidas
  • Thanks received: 0
Hey everyone! My name is Dylan. I live in North Carolina USA and am a total Bonsai newbie. I am fascinated by plants and their ability to adapt. With that being said I enjoy gardening but seeing as how I don;t have enough time to dedicate to an entire garden I decided to try out Bonsai so I can exercise my green thumb. I look forward to being a part of the community :lol:

Introduce yourself! 5 years 7 months ago #43917

• Clicio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1549

Hey everyone! My name is Dylan. I live in North Carolina USA

Hello, Dylan, be welcome to the Forum!
Please read the Forum Etiquette and shoot your questions!

Introduce yourself! 5 years 7 months ago #43918

• ARBonsai
  • Thanks received: 6
Welcome to B. E.!! From one newbie to another we are in the right place! Lol. This is a great group of people here whom are at all different levels of bonsai art. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to use us as a resource.

Introduce yourself! 5 years 7 months ago #44336

• DnS
  • Thanks received: 1
Hello everyone,

My name is Marlon. Im Tanzanian, living in Tanzania and about three weeks into my bonsai safari. During my uni days, around 2010, in Malaysia I bought a bonsai, which unfortunately though no unexpectedly, died. I gave up since then, until now.

I have few trees, all in development. Three acacias, one guava, an unidentified adenium, two terminalia mantaly, and a local tree i still can't identify, and an unknown conifer. The worst thing about being a bonsai enthusiast in Tanzania is access. Most online shops don't cater to East Africa, so no access to bonsai wire, tools, books, basically you name it, and its hard to impossible to get.

I joined this forum in hope of getting in touch iwth people who are facing similar problems, have solutions. Mainly I just wanted to talk to other people who look at a tree and think, 'that's beautiful!'
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clicio

Introduce yourself! 5 years 7 months ago #44337

• crent89
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 230
welcome DnS,
well you are in the right place. please read this ( www.bonsaiempire.com/forum/help-me/10768-forum-etiquette )
The following user(s) said Thank You: DnS

Introduce yourself! 5 years 6 months ago #44865

• Bishop522
  • Thanks received: 0
Hey everyone, my name is alex and I love in Pensacola florida. I have found a new love for bonsai. However I lack the experience! I have a few trees that so far are making it but not excelling. I'm hoping that with some information exchange. I too can have trees like the ones I have seen in the forum. I have the time and patience but would greatly benefit from some advice. I have tried to find unique trees to bonsai, so far I have a snow rose (tree of a thousand stars). I have come to realise after much research that this tree requires extra love and attention. Also have a white crate myrtle sapling from my parents front yard in mobile Alabama. Apparently the white flowers on the crate myrtle are rare. I would love to have these trees survive and thrive! I know I have already made several mistakes. Hopefully with more time and great advice they will become the trees I desire and imagined.

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.