Introduce yourself! 4 years 10 months ago #49432

• Clicio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1549

HI,

My name is Frank

Welcome, Frank!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Introduce yourself! 4 years 9 months ago #50011

• J8ngles
  • Thanks received: 1
Hello folks :)

My name is Peter and I am from London.

Hope to learn a lot from everyone.

I am totally new to Bonsai but I know I will love it. I am very arty (I can't draw though lol) and am also a tattoo collector.

We have just moved into the country close to London and it's so peaceful. I started to read all I can about Bonsai in the last few months.

I already have questions but I will save them for the forums :)

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Introduce yourself! 4 years 9 months ago #50018

• Clicio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Hello folks :)

My name is Peter and I am from London.

Hi Peter, welcome and enjoy the forum!
The following user(s) said Thank You: J8ngles

Introduce yourself! 4 years 8 months ago #51616

• seeparks
  • Thanks received: 9
Hi All,

I've already posted a few threads on this forum before officially introducing myself so I thought I should do this before I forget. I'm all the way from Canada where we were all caught up with "We The North" "KawhiNot" "Ka'wine & Dine" etc... when the Toronto Raptors won the 2019 NBA Championship =]. The exact area where I live has an extreme temperature range from -30 C in winter to +30 C in summer; pretty harsh climate if you ask me...

I only recently got into Bonsai and don't have much experience gardening of growing any type of plants. The only thing I remember taking care of was a Lucky Bamboo stick that just sat in water and even that went to my Grandmother when I went to University. My previous hobby was freshwater aquariums where I used to have Discus, Puffer Fish, Bettas, etc... At one point I had a small saltwater aquarium as well. During spring this year I decided to setup a garden bed to test my luck with growing simple vegetables like tomatoes, eggplants, peppers, and a few herbs. When browsing the Garden Centers I was intrigued by Mallsais; that's when the Bonsai bug hit me.

I eventually purchased a Trident Maple and a few Mallsais to get into Bonsai. I'm currently reading many resources and watching many videos about Bonsai to wrap my head around the whole Bonsai ideology, rules, and techniques as well as trying my best to keep my current collection healthy. Once I'm more seasoned, I definitely plan to add a few more quality trees to my collection since the current ones I have aren't of the best quality. I know many true Bonsai enthusiasts would take offence to Mallsais and wouldn't dream to have any in their collection, but I do want to give credit to Mallsais since seeing them is what sparked my interest in Bonsai. I'm just lucky that the ones I purchased didn't include the glued down gravel =].

I'm happy to have joined this forum and have already received valuable advice. I'm looking forward to this new journey in Bonsai and hope to learn lots and share my experiences. Attached is a picture of my current collection.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Clicio

Last edit: Post by seeparks.

Introduce yourself! 4 years 8 months ago #51619

• Clicio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Welcome, seeparks!

Introduce yourself! 4 years 7 months ago #52112

• Steni
  • Thanks received: 2
Hi all,
I'm from Eugene Oregon (Pacific NW).
I like to start my plants from seed, but generally have no idea where to go from there. I love the aesthetics of bonsai but it's always seemed a magical mystery to me. After a number of botched or scrapped endeavors, I want to see some success. I have a 7 yr old kumquat, a 5 year old Hawthorne, and 4 yr old pomegranate and silk trees. I would love for some suggestions on where to post for tips and ideas on how to start shaping.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Introduce yourself! 4 years 7 months ago #52115

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3653
Hi Steni,

welcome to the forum. So, USA is your homebase then?
If you post this question with the pic in a separate thread, would be happy to comment :)

J.

Introduce yourself! 4 years 7 months ago #52296

• Ashleigh
  • Thanks received: 1
Hi all! My name is Ashleigh. I live in Washington State in the northwest corner on a lovely little island. I have 7 bonsais, all of which I have started from cuttings or collected in the wild. All of them are still in training, still young, and I appreciate lots of advice. I look forward to chatting with you all.

Introduce yourself! 4 years 7 months ago #52300

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3653
Hey AShley, welcome to the empire

Introduce yourself! 4 years 7 months ago #52406

• GreenGo
  • Thanks received: 6
Hello, I am new to the forum. I have been experimenting with bonsai for about 5 years but mostly just learning how to keep potted plants alive. I have watched a lot of youtube videos about bonsai and I know some basic concepts. I scrolled through recent topics and I've already learned so much more.
I am lucky to live in Charlotte which is close to the location of the U.S. National Bonsai Exhibition in Kannapolis, North Carolina. I stopped by the fall silhouette exhibition and the recent Shohin exhibition. It was amazing! After my first event there last fall, I really got the bug and I am striving to learn more. Thanks for the forum.