Bonsai forum

TOPIC:

Introduce yourself! 6 years 6 hours ago #38735

• Nathan S
  • Thanks received: 0
Plan out getting it outside quickly. And giving the lilac a dramatic cutback. Reported the cherry iand left in the house over night and it leafed out. Unfortunately, we are still get frost and below freezing temps. That should all be over within a week or so...fingers crossed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Introduce yourself! 5 years 10 months ago #40208

• Felidae
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 236
Hello... :)
I think is time to write some things here, cause looks like I’m started to be heavily interested in the Bonsaï culture.

I’m a 36 years old Hungarian female, who followed her family to Switzerland (Yes.. I missed my Mom...). There, 8 years ago I met with the only human I can support in long term (my male..), so probably I’ll stay in the country as long he supports me.

I keeping and breed reptiles and spiders since 20 years, like to do different art forms (drawing, painting, sculpture, tattoo, carving, or.. anything where I can create), tracking, skiing, field herping, horse riding and lot more, but hey..

I never watch tv, and most of the times I don’t know what’s happening in the world around me, cause simply I don’t care. I don’t bother with things which I cannot make influence or changes.
I’m unable to do monoton work. I born with a little brain fart which wasn’t ideal for the taxi driver-waitress couple whom I call Mom and Dad. As result, I have pretty impressive learning abilities and really bad social skills. Few years ago I earned to wear a yellow headed pin needle.

I’m interested in hereditary genetics, genetic mutations, astrophysics, consciousness, quantum physics and quantum biology on different levels. I’m not fan of small talk, but I’m patient with everyone who cannot do other way.

I like to cooking and I’m a real meat eater (don’t dare to argue with this, cause I’ll beat you in the ground, vegan...). Yes, I like more the animals than humans. I’m a smoker, but I keep myself healthy. I’m not obsessed in any sports, but I like roller skating, running and body weight training.

I learned English and French in an autodidactic way and I can spell more correctly, but most of the times I don’t bother, so the grammar of the three languages are mixed.

I didn’t speak about bonsais here, cause I do in the board, but a bit more about myself to make people understand how I became obsessed, and how I progress in a field where art and biology are hand in hand.

I think it’s a nice place and if I can, I’ll try to make it more active than what it is now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clicio

Introduce yourself! 5 years 10 months ago #40210

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3653
Welcome and thank you for the personality mirror. .

Introduce yourself! 5 years 10 months ago #40212

• Felidae
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Thank you, LB :)
Your welcome. I thought it needed before too much members starts to scratching their heads.

Introduce yourself! 5 years 10 months ago #40215

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3653

Your welcome. I thought it needed before too much members starts to scratching their heads.

Nah. I recognize a few traits, let's just put it that way.

Introduce yourself! 5 years 10 months ago #40218

• Felidae
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Nah. I recognize a few traits, let's just put it that way.

Ah, I see.. Most of your answers show it in the board that knowledge anytime over sugar ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: leatherback

Introduce yourself! 5 years 10 months ago #40220

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

I am not scratching my head. Actually I very much enjoy your presence on this forum.

Introduce yourself! 5 years 10 months ago #40221

• crent89
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 230
the nice thing is that you didn't join just to ask what type and why your "BONSAI" looks unhealthy, and once told its not a bonsai but a houseplant and its dead you didn't disappear. and taking constructive criticism in a good way a running with it is the best part.

Introduce yourself! 5 years 10 months ago #40222

• Felidae
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

I am not scratching my head. Actually I very much enjoy your presence on this forum.

Thanks Auk! I like you too, as I said already.

the nice thing is that you didn't join just to ask what type and why your "BONSAI" looks unhealthy, and once told its not a bonsai but a houseplant and its dead you didn't disappear. and taking constructive criticism in a good way a running with it is the best part.

I understand you Crent. It could be challenging to stay and answering for the same questions in circles. I do the same thing in an other field and it’s really overwhelming sometimes. I believe that the 5-10% of them have potential to became a good participant, but we lose a part of them, cause they cannot stand still for the “welcome” what they get for their.. sorry, but stupid question.

What I do, just I try to breath and imagine myself in their place.
P.ex: -Oh, I saw that tiny tree in the mall and I couldn’t resist. I don’t have any google skills, but if I search Bonsai, that’s the first page what I see. I chim in, maybe they could help to tell me what’s my tiny tree is, cause in the sixth I broke out of biology and cannot differentiate a ficus from a tomato plant. Oh! I’ve got humiliated, and my feeling hurts! I don’t want to be here! Opus, my tree died, but I even tried to let him ON the tv when I was away to don’t get bored...

A small percentage of the people are not like this. And those, if they where stay, they can learn and participate in the field and give a bit more with that. But not every enthusiastic entity have also a mental hardball trait ;)
The question is just the goal. I saw once a good method. Like have the moderators in a weekly shift. In this case always have someone to answering a copy/paste text to where to research for the newbie, and if it worth, it worth. If not, he/she will disappear fast.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crent89

Introduce yourself! 5 years 10 months ago #40223

• Clicio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1549

I never watch tv, and most of the times I don’t know what’s happening in the world around me, cause simply I don’t care.

I like some fresh intelligence airs enrolling in this forum.
Mostly enjoyable your no-nonsense talk.